Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Light foundations and tinted moisturizers. Getting ready for Spring!

Lets get ready for that fresh clean look that is hitting the runways for Spring. I own some of these foundations/tinted moisturizers others I reviewed from samples I received. I still have more to review but this will have to do. I deeply apologize for my hairy arm. I'm a bit of a monkey I know. Oh well. I swatch with love on my hand so you can see the coverage level.


Per-fekt Skin Perfection Gel in Radiant
Pros:
1. Water/Sweat Resistant. Will last.
2. Feels like silk on the skin.
3. Natural, paraben, frangrance and oil free.
4. Good for you ingredients like Vit E and A as well as alpha lipoic acid.
Cons:
1. Beyond sheer. I would say invisible? lol
2. Comedogenic. Dimethicone is main ingredient. Not for oily skin
3.Highlights dry patches in skin.

Not my favourite. Does instantly soften complexion.
Say hello to my little panther ring. I love that ring :)

Lorac Natural Performance Foundation in NP2
Pros:
1. Another good for you foundation in the line of Natural, Paraben, Fragrance, and oil free makeup
2. Long Lasting.
3. Light to Medium Coverage with lots of color choices.
Cons:
1. Feels very drying. I can see the cracks in my skin when I use.


Lorac ProtecTint SPF30 Oilfree Tinted Moisturizer in (in the buff)
Pros:
1. Moisturizing (nice dewy finish)
Cons:
1. Fragrance, smells like chemicals
2. Chalky
3. Greasy feel even though oil free (I'm sure this will break out a few too)

Yves Saint Laurent Perfect Touch Radiant Brush Foundation in #5 Peach
Pros:
1. Leaves skin with a super soft feel. Very hydrating.
2. Blends like a dream. With light buildable coverage.
3. Lots of color choices.
Cons:
1. Fragrance. Smells too much and not in a good way.
2. Brush. Great for on the go application. But not sanitary in the long run. Hard to control the flow.
3. Price. High price point for the amount of product you actually get.


Perricone Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in light
Pros:
1. Lots of Anti-aging ingredients like DMAE, Alpha lipoic Acid and Vit C.
2. Light coverage and very moisturizing.
Cons:
1. Can get muddy looking and tends to ball up during the day.
2. Not long lasting.

Shiseido Tinted Moisture Protection SPF 20 in # 2 Medium
Pros:
1. Very Creamy and blendable.
2. Hydrating.
Cons:
1. Not long lasting. Tends to melt away after some hours.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Nude
Pros:
1. Creamy and Blendable.
2. Very hydrating.
3. Light coverage with lots of color choices.
Cons:
1.Pricey.
My absolute favourite. I use this with my Nars Loose Powder and I have that great no make-up look. My skin stays plump and dewy all day :)

Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in Luminous
Pros:
1. Very hydrating for oh so soft skin.
2. Light coverage with SPF.
Cons:
1. Not enough color choices.
This one is an awesome light weight affordable tinted moisturizer.

Revlon Age Defying Spa Foundation SPF 15 in Light Medium
Pros:
1. Buildable light to medium coverage.
2. No funky smell.
3. Very moisturizing and long lasting.
4. Awesome lock feature. Makes it easy to clean the brush.
Cons:
1. Need to blend well.
2. Can get cakey.
3. Hard to get a color match the undertones.

Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15 in Shade #1
Pros:
1. Dewy finish.
2. Sheer to light coverage
Cons:
1. Light smell.
2. No color choices. :(
3. Chalky.

No comments:

Post a Comment