Monday, March 9, 2009

More Goodies!

I got a lot of skincare and some primers recently.


I bought the urban decay primer potion in sin, the smashbox under eye brightener. Bare Escentuals Rare minerals lotion, Fresh Soy Face cream and Fresh Rose Face primer. Boscia Skin refinisher and Boscia Vital Daily moisturizer with SPF 15. I also got the poreless set from Dr. Brandt. I'm already a fan of his microdermabrasion so this was a good addition.

The Boscia Vital Daily Moisturizer is awesome. It really absorbs right away so you don't have to worry about it making your makeup run. I love this for sensitive skin too. The line is sulfate, pthalate, petrochemical, paraben free, preservative, dye free, it's so good for you!
My other Boscia product is the Skin Refining Treatment. You'll see a reduction in pores within a week. It's makes the skin soft and smooth. But I found it a little drying on my drier areas.

Fresh is another natural brand that uses a lot of soy, rose and sugar in a lot of their products. The soy face cream was a little dissapointing. I expected a lot because this product has a lot of antioxidants like Vitamin A, C ,E and a multiple tea complex. I didn't mind the heavy fragrance but it's really greasy. A little goes a long way if you want it to absorb quickly. I broke out when using this. I also don't recommend it for sensitive skin folks because of the heavy fragrance and sensitizing ingredients like linalool.
The Rose Freshface primer is awesome. It's still a little on the oily side but not anywhere near the soy face cream. I found it to be very hydrating and lightweight which I like. I hate feeling like I'm wearing pounds of makeup. It smells so nice. Like fresh roses. It also features the multiple tea complex for antioxidants, algea extract for hydration and rose water and peony root extracts for balancing the complextion.

The Bare Escentuals Rare Minerals moisturizer is not bad. It's light weight and absorbs quickly. I didn't really feel like it did much else. I suppose the oiler skin types might find it balancing. It has a slight smell. On the positive note it does not have parabens.

I like Dr. Brandt's line. Not because he's Mag's doctor, but because he really has some outstanding products like the pore no more, r3p eyecream, and microdermabrasion scrub. So I opted for the pocket friendly Pores No More set. It contains a trail size cleanser, toner face cream and gel. It also has packets of microdermabrasion, lineless eyecream and pores no more. It's a really good value. The products all smell like witch hazel/minty. I like the cleanser it left my face really mat. The toner I only used on my tzone because it's too harsh otherwise. The gel I felt really made no difference aside from being hydrating. The pore effect is really mattifying and gentle. The formula is really thick and will probably cause more acne. I didn't use it long enough to notice any extra breakouts.



On the left is the Smashbox Photo Op Under eye brigthener and on the right is the Urban Decay eyeshadow primer in sin. I'm not crazy about the Smashbox eye brightener. It's shiny and gold colored it looks rather off. Don't get me wrong this stuff does brighten, but I would perfer other things to this. It does not stay on well and settles into lines. The Urban Decay Sin is really nice. But I'm a rather traditional girl I prefer the original because this one is too shimmery for me. It does brighen eyeshadow and is really long wearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment