Saturday, April 11, 2009

Camara is back from vacation here are some new goodies!

I just got back from work. Very long and boring day. Not that many people in the store. As many of you know my husband is a chef . He works for individual clients and one was holding a Seder on Friday so he made Jewish Macaroons. They are so delicious I swiped some. Yum!!! Happy Holidays to everyone :) 

I've been given a few new goodies to review. 


My latest drugstore haul. The new Revlon color stay mousse foundation is very silky with pretty lightweight coverage. It's a little too pink in undertone and a little greasy for my taste. Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in 100 is very light weight but goes on a little cakey. The soft khol kajal eyeliners in royal blue and jet black are so so. They go on a little hard and hurt my lid, the color is not really intense but they did wear pretty long with no smudging on me. The special eyes precision eye liner was a little better. The color is black magic and it's a little more intense than the khol black and wears pretty long as well. 







I love tarte. Their eyeshadows are awesome, their glosses are wearable and their oil free foundation and primer are the best. Not to mention all their products are chock full of that 5 fruit antioxidant blend and are all natural.  In the above picture is natural beauty blush by Tarte, 24/7 lip sheers in reuse, reduce and recycle. Followed by Tarte rise and shine plumping lip stain in mauve, The last is Tarte's sunburst beaded bronzing lotion this one is great if you hate that oily feel on your skin and want something that will sink in fast. The beaded action is not hard to use at all. 


I already talked about my excitement for Phyto in my previous post. I will be reviewing Phytojoba shampoo and mask and the Phytosylic Awesomeness! My hair is usually uber dry and brittle thanks to my experiments in japanese straightening. That and bad hair management of course. I usually wash it about three to two times a day (hey I get busy you know) and just call it a day. No blow drying, setting or flat ironing. Actually all of the hair drying aids I own I usually donate to my mommy. I just can't make the time to use it, that combined with me not really knowing how to use them. Through some effort I still own a blow dryer. I've had it for a years and used it about three times. Sad no? My new regime consists of phyto sylic (once a week no more than ten weeks consecutively) I try to use it every other week. I was suffering from some serious dandruff. I used No Frizz and the flakes got worse, that and my nape started to break out badly in clusters. My mom said it was because I was tying my hair back too tightly and it needed to be washed badly. Sigh. It itched, it flakes it was a hot mess. After my first encounter with phytosylic my dandruff had mostly cleared my scalp didn't itch and the irritation and breakout were reduced. It took a whole nother week to clear. This shampoo uses green tea and willow bark which are not only antibacterials they work wonders with breakouts and irritation. It also contains essential oils like cypress, coconut and caster which make it gentle and hydrating while helping control oily hair. Phytojoba shampoo is my favorite. It's a milky consistency and it smells divine. It's rich in jojoba and coconut oil as well as mallow and cornflower extracts. All these ingredients help to give a gentle cleanse and a lustrous soft finish. Plus the wood cellulose extract will keep it moisturized for longer so wave good bye to those brittle split ends. The Phytojoba mask is rich without being greasy. It really works wonders to strengthen the hair in about 15 minutes.  If you want to try the line but are skeptical buy the little value kits from sephora they range from $12 to $25 and are an excellent value!


Above from left to right is neutrogena mineral sheer concealer in light. The texture is very thick. It didn't really stay on long or cover much even with the powder. The next is the Cargo Blu-ray concealer. I like the creamy texture it's really good for the under eye, but not for very dark circles. The last is Smashbox's High definition concealer. I was pretty disappointed. I swatched one at Sephora and the color matched and the texture was Divine. So smooth and it glided on like the primer.   So I ended up buying Light. I come home and it's this dark orangey greasy thing. eww. I guess I"m fair /light. I'll let you know how this wears as soon as I can get the right one. 



Above is Jack Black's lip balm in lemon chamomile. I love this. It has spf15. Sephora cast members always rave about it. And for good reason It leaves your lips soft and moist and doesn't cost a lot. I also got the Amore Pacifica set for combination/oily it's super expensive for those deluxe trial sizes :( I love the feel and texture of the moisturizer and the peel is very mild plus it's an enzyme, which I'm into right at this moment as opposed to the regular scrubs. I'll update you on how I feel about the line in an up coming post. I also got L'occitane ultra rich eye balm. I felt in love with the light mousse like texture of this eye cream. OMG it's so soft and airy. It does go on thick so a little bit is the best policy. It's extremely moisturizing but does not do anything in terms of anti aging or anything like that. I recommend it as a night under eye moisturizer for anyone with really dry skin. Just they a little and tap it on. Use in the day with caution as it does not really absorb well (like most shea butter based products) and can make your concealer look weird. 

Don't you just love my new Sephora makeup bag. It's from the Moroccan collection. I knew it would go on sale because most people don't go for those super bright colors. But I adore this orange/gold bag. I do not like the middle golden bag though I wish they would have all been mesh. But oh wells can't win them all I suppose. I keep one little bag of skincare, one bag of face products (like foundation, blush) and one for eye/lip stuff.  And it has a little area for my brushes. Plus it's half off, that's $21. 


Above is a picture of all the samples in my sun safety set. Nice!! I already know I like philosophy. The smell and the texture is much improved from it's original formula. It has that nice light fluffy texture like the L'occitane eye balm and smells a lot less than the regular. But it's a little on the greasy side. Shiseido is also awesome, leaves skin soft and smells great, plus it has a high SPF! Clarins UV plus has spf 40. It's very small a little on the pricy side but a little goes a long way plus it blends easily into the skin without leaving it greasy. I also love Peter Thomas Roth Sheer all day defense. It's so light weight plus it's full of vitamin C,A and E to help protect skin from free radicals and SPF 30. I also recommend the new Sephora palette. It's really pigmented with great summer/spring colors as well as classic ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment