Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lips and more!

I went to Rite Aide to see some Revlon newness and of course I got sidetracked with some other brands. :)




Above I'm wearing the Revlon Photo ready foundation. As you can see it looks gorgeous on, it's just not my correct color match. It's way too light/pink for me. I'm probably the next shade down 004 Nude. But I love how it feels and looks. It is a bit too shimmery for my taste but for the price it's a great HG product! OMG the face looks smooth flawless and it looks like skin yet covers really well. It's so smooth going on and it's oil free. My skin felt like it could breathe and best of all no breakouts. I'm wearing the Cargo beach blush in Echo Beach and the Neutrogena moistureshine gloss in Berryfit, which looks a lot more red on. It's non sticky and so pigmented. Best of all no disgusting taste/smell. I'm loving it all. I just need to get my hands on that nude shade and do a photo with that. Lol my hair is a hot mess, I had just washed it and I'm air drying. I have on Morroccan oil cream leave in conditioner if you are curious. It really helps tame the frizz and define the curls otherwise I'd be a fuzz ball! The bottom part went through Japanese straightening. I did it twice and I promised my self to let myself live with the curls for a few years.

Revlon Photo Ready in 003 Shell, Revlon 065 Rosy Nude, Revlon 131 Ginger Rose, Maybelline colorsensational gloss in 255 Touch of toffee, Neutrogena moisture shine gloss in 400 berry fit, Covergirl shine blast in 835 aglow, Cargo beach blush in Echo Beach.

I'm going to include lip swatches for the lippies just because I feel that gives a better view of the pigmentation and wear of the lippies. I do apologize for my lips before hand so please don't leave mean comments I know they need liner, exfoliation, some concealer and a wax. :P

The Covergirl shineblast does have a slight sweet scent. It's very moisturizing and long lasting. I'm loving the new applicator. It's so easy to apply! It is lovely that it's so shiny and non sticky, but there is no color payoff. Plus it's such a tiny amount of gloss. I've used it twice and already the package is down 1/3 rd of the way. eek. So for me it's not worth the price.

I'm loving the new Revlon color surge lippie. I probably could have chosen a better color it's hard to pick with no testers. the cap is an ok representation. I picked Rosy Nude. A nice everyday color. The color payoff is great. It goes on so smooth and doesn't dry the lips or fade good lasts pretty long too. No smell/taste. I'm so loving this. I'll be sure to try more colors soon.
The Maybelline touch of toffee was not my favorite color. But I was on the hunt for a nice nude lipgloss. This was a winner in that sense. No strong smell. Relatively non sticky. Pretty good color payoff but it does streak a little when you apply a lot of gloss.
.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful...because I just read the newspaper and Revlon is on sale at RiteAid...buy one get one free. :-)

    Thanks Crissy!

    ReplyDelete