Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's soo cold! My hands were cracking, here's what I did!

Goodness, after being cheated out of snow we are being hit by wind and cold. My apartment doesn't have adjustable heating so now I'm dry and crackly. Of course I went out on the hunt for some hand creams lol. I bought a package from Crabtree & Evelyn that brings three of their best sellers, La Source, Rosewater and Gardeners hand therapy. I got L'Occitane 20% shea hand cream in Frangipanier and rosebud but my mom swiped the rosebud lol. And I took out a neglected Victoria Secret soothing hand cream I had bought a while ago.
Lets start with the Crabtree & Evelyn ones

La Source smells clean like water and lily of the valley (my favorite flowers yes, I use their lilly of the valley soap and I adore the smell) It's made with macadamia nut oil, shea butter and seaweed extract. It feels medium thick but you feel a bit of lubrication (oil) but I wouldn't say greasy. All you need is a teeny tiny amount.

Rosewater is my favorite smelling one. I love the smell of roses too and this one is a nice light rose smell, this one smells better than the L'Ocittane rosebud which is way too strong and artificial smelling. It features shea butter, macadamia nut oil, rosewater and myrrh.

Gardeners rejuvenating hand therapy smells like fresh pine. This one has the same shea butter, macadamia nut oil plus antioxidants and peptides.

Overall these feel very old world luxurious. And as a set they were a great buy.

The l'Occitane 20% shea butter hand cream in Frangipanier smells lovely. Like baby powder and sweet flowers. It's a bit thicker than the Crabtree & Evelyn ones and definitely not greasy.

The Victoria Secret Soothing Hand Cream I bought a while ago but neglected it because it smells sort of chemically plus milk a weird combo i know. It features soy milk, oat extract, The cool thing is that it's Organic, hypoallergenic, free of parabens, sulfites, petrolatum, mineral oil and paraffin. It feels super light and is absorbed instantly. It does leave a lubricated feeling. This one is the most affordable at $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment