Friday, June 3, 2011

Eve Pearl haul from Black Pearl Sale

I think I mentioned before, how much I love Eve Pearl Eyeshadows. The texture is buttery smooth and the colors are vibrant. I couldn't resist taking advantage of her Black Pearl Sale to add to my collection. Eve Pearl was so sweet to send me two more palettes! She sent me Sapphire Eyes(Blues) and Velvet Eyes (Violets)Palettes. The rest I purchased myself as I do with everything on the site unless otherwise mentioned. I never use eyeshadow base when I do my swatches. I just take a finger and wipe them on my arm. So you can see the color payoff in the most basic of applications. I did something different with this post. I added some comparisons from some of my eyeshadow collection! Lots of fun. It's been a while since I played with my makeup so bare with me : D

Eve Pearl Velvet Eyes



 













Comparisons
MUFE 126, Nars Night Fairy (too sparkly but the base is the same), Stila Backstage Eye Palette in Flamingo is more hot pink, Laura Mercier Shy Violet Eye Quad has a red/brown base, Chanel Irreelle Duo in 20 Orient Eyes is deeper/redder. ( harder to find similarities in my stash to this one)



 
Eve Pearl Sapphire Eyes













Comparisons
Nars Himalayas (spot on), Mac Expensive Pink is more frosted/pinker, Clarins Nature Temptations palette 1, Brown is deeper and the Teal from the same palette is a bit more frosted/blue based, Mufe Diamond Green is more hunter green, Nars Night Flight base is too black the Eve Pearl is a Navy Blue)



 Eve Pearl Emerald Eyes




 Comparisons on the top Row from Left to Right
Smashbox Smoky Eyes Cream this one has a browner base, Laura Geller Baked Eye Dreams Sunset Horizon bronze is a little bit more frosted, Fresh Roman Holiday brown is a little bit deeper with red sparkles, Cargo Egypt light green is very frosted and with a silvery base, Mally Citychick Central Park smokey eye kit is deeper/blacker, Nars Night Flight (nah too dark), Mac Deep Truth more vibrant blue.
The Bottom Row is The Emerald Eyes Palette














 


Eve Pearl Palette




Comparisons


Chanel Beige from Les 4 Ombres 25 Variations ( this is my fav palette, dare I say the texture of Eve Pearl is similar to Chanel in this palette), Mac Coppering, Chanel Copper from 25 Variation palette is more orange, Bobbi Brown Expresso is deeper brown, Nars green from Belly Dance Duo , Bobbi Brown Cavier is a true black





Eve Pearl Sassy Cheeks in Medium

The two blush colors to the left are matte and the bronzer is sparkly. The bronzer is more of a coral blush for me, I am not too fond of orangey bronzers for my skintone (light/yellow based) I was wondering if I should have bought the Tan/Dark blush palette because these were very light. The good thing is that these are more user friendly it's hard to overdo your blush if you follow her skintone guidelines. I liked that these were more on the coral side, perfect for summer.





4 comments:

  1. I love the Eva pearl 3 concealer wheel I bought from you...Its Great.

    How is work going? And the little one doing? :-)

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I just found your blog and really love it. I just followed, and not-so-secretly hope you check mine out as well. :)

    These are great photos/swatches. I myself made a purchase during their Memorial Day sale but sadly I'm still waiting for it so I can't really comment just yet... but I will definitely say that those are some really nice palettes/shadows that you chose.

    JC
    www.makeupdiary.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dhalia!! Work is great. Long hours and 6 days a week but can't complain, my boss is actually nice :D. Arjun is growing big. I am putting some pictures of him up on the blog.

    Hi JC. I checked out your blog. It's really cool. I'll also be following you. I hope you love your Eve Pearl purchases. I can't wait for your review :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the even pearl palettes are gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete